Manchester Royal Exchange
Completed in 1921, the Grade 2 listed building extends to approximately 280,000 sqft arranged over sub-basement, basement, ground and six upper floors. The building is of classical design with decorative stone external cladding with extensive stone detail. Originally comprising two identical exchange halls, only one now remains known as the Southern Block and this houses the Royal Exchange Theatre.
The Northern Block which contained the original exchange hall, was destroyed in the Second World War and on rebuilding, the hall was replaced with six floors of offices. These offices comprise approximately 81,700 sqft.
Acquired in 2014 from M&G in partnership with Starwood Capital. Only the 2nd time in its history that it had been sold. We purchased the asset for £32.5m in a competitive process and untimately won becasue our vision to elevate the asset back to its former glory. Following a £16m refubishment programme we ultimately sold to Hines BVK for £107,000,000.